Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Seek. 24/7.

Well, Plumbline week is over, and with the end of that week quickly started our Week of 24/7 Prayer.
Plumbline went so well--thank you so much for praying! God really freed us from a lot of hurt and bondage we've been holding on to. Repentance and renewal are beautiful things. Humility is huge. And true repentance is true humility.
I learned a whole lot about myself last week. And I was set free from so much tension, bitterness, rejection, shame, pride, and hurt I've had basically my whole life--most without even knowing it was there.
It's a struggle for me to admit my weaknesses; I've spent a lifetime trying to convince the world that I'm strong, confident, and capable. But that doesn't leave any room for Jesus to move and work, does it? One (out of many!) of the things God told me last week is that it's necessary to expose my weakness. Jesus said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:10). So I'm learning to humble myself and allow Jesus' strength to replace my weakness. I'm giving up my own strength.
It would take an overwhelming amount of time to write out all the prophecies, visions, and dreams God has revealed for my life in the past week. (I would love to share them with you sometime, though. Get in touch with me, we'll talk about them!) But I would like to share the most recent revelation I've been having.
The past few days have been filled with 24/7prayer. That means that our Prayer Chapel is never empty. Every minute of every hour for 7 days there is always a person or a group of people in that room praying earnestly and diligently. As an individual, I am required to fill out 2 hours of prayer in the chapel myself, and as a large group we pray 3-4 hours each day there. So I'm in the prayer chapel about 6 hours or more every day this week. It's so great. :) God is really moving and revealing so much...It's such an awesome privilege to be a part of God's heart and will. So one of the things that God's been telling me personally is just to seek Him. I've felt such a burden since I've gotten here to start researching and studying the life of Jesus. And after Plumbline week being set free of a lot of blockages and hindrances to my relationship with my Father, I now feel like I can truly seek a daughter-father relationship with God. So in order to do that, I want to start learning everything I can about who God is and what He's like. I want to get to know Him, since He already knows everything about me. So as I pray and begin daily conversation with Him, I am now also pursuing a daily study of His Son. In John 8, after Jesus explains that He is the Light of the World, He then says, "If you knew me, you would know my Father also." Reading those words really hit home for me. I've been crying out to God for relationship with Him for so long: "I want to know you, God. I want to be close to you. Reveal who you are to me, Lord." Then I read Jesus' words and got it. God sent Jesus so that I would know the character of Himself. "Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. I have come to the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness" (John 12:44-46).
So, with that in mind, I've been praying about how to pursue a personal study on Jesus. And while my heart has been stirring about this, God keeps saying that I just need to draw near. I got two anonymous sheets of paper the other day. One said "KELSEY RIELAND: SEEK. MATTHEW 7:7-12" and the other had a vision God gave them for me. And I would (once again) like to type out my journal entries about these sheets of paper so you can see for yourself how God is waorking for and through me:
Oct. 24,  Evening Prayer Chapel
Ok, so maybe someone had this vision. I'm going to write it out. God, please speak or show me what I need to know through this if it is from you. 
Train tracks. A white picket fence is the barrier keeping someone from going onto the tracks. Suddenly the gate opens and Jesus is there with a smile on his face. That's it.
Ahh, so many visions for me to pray about. So many as in two. But what do they mean? God, why am I hearing things I don't understand?
Seek. Ok so I'm supposed to seek. Matthew 6:33 says to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. Then Matthew 7:7 says seek and I will find. God said to Solomon, "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14). And Jeremiah 29:10-14 says that God has plans for the future, and when I call on his name and seek him, I will find him.


I'm not really sure what happened to the bottom half of this post! It somehow disappeared! I'll try to revive it and get it back up as soon as possible! Sorry for the inconvenience! 

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Beautiful depth from a heart God is obviously working on! Praising Him for your willingness to be open to His hand. Thank you for your vulnerability and transparency honey. I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had time to read your blog and I am in awe of all that God is doing in you and through you Kelsey. So few get the opportunity you have and you are treating it with such care and grace. I know that this is only the beginning for you and your amazing journey. All that brought you to this point was not pointless but, necessary to open your heart to hear God's plan for you. Never regret your past or your life lessons - learn and let them open your heart further to God's plans for you. I truly believe that every experience we have is an opportunity to grow - even those we are not proud of or wish we could change. Love you, "Aunt" Kathy.

    ReplyDelete