Monday, October 17, 2011

Plumbline

Today is the beginning of Plumbline Week here at YWAM, Tyler.
That means today was the first day I've ever heard of a plumb line. If you're like me and have no idea what a plumb line is, here's what I learned this morning: a plumb line is a physical means of determining how straight an upright wall is or needs to be. Here's an example of a plumb line:
So this week is dedicated to God's plumb line: God's heart. His heart is what keeps us grounded. The closer we are to His heart, the more solid we are able to stand. And so we're going to be searching our hearts deeply for the next few days...I don't know exactly what it's going to look like, but I'm excited about the revelation and restoration God has planned for me.

Outreach update: We've had a meeting or two already, and we really don't have any plans set in stone yet, but one thing I would like you guys to pray for me for would be my passport. My team can't buy our plane tickets until member of my team and I update our passports. And the sooner we buy our plane tickets, the cheaper they'll be. And updating my passport means making a trip to Dallas, which is about 2 hours away. Please pray that I find time to make the trip sometime this week with our insane schedule; pray that I am able to get a ride up to Dallas...since I don't have a car; pray that I (and my friend Tyler) can update our passports without a hitch; and pray that we can buy the cheapest plane tickets as quickly as possible.

And pray that this week would bring unity and strength within my DTS class. Satan really doesn't like the direction we're moving and the things God wants to show us, so we're physically, mentally, and spiritually going through trials right now. Covering us in prayer would really do a lot! Pray for the bondages Satan has in our lives as individuals would completely break...we want to experience the fullness of God in this place. 

Since I'm pumping out the prayer requests, please pray for Brittany, too. This is a hard week for her; just pray that the comfort and peace of God surrounds her during this time.

Thanks everyone! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment